Battle of France II – Campaign Overview.
This episode is the second part of our overview of the Battle of France Campaign.
You can listen to the podcast here with the player below, or search for Principles of War on Spotify, Apple Podcasts or your favourite Android podcast player.
This Episode discusses:
- The fall of Eban Emael and how the Germans used glider troops to take 3 bridges across the Albert Canal
- Panzergruppe Kleist on the move with 41,140 and the crossing of the Meuse.
- The attacks in the Gembloux gap
- The Dyle line and the fall back to the Escaut line
- Operation NiWi and how it’s success was counterproductive
- The Battle of Stonne
- The Arras Counter attack
- Guderian’s unauthorised thrust
- Dunkirk and Fall Rot
Thank you to the British Army’s Lessons Exploitation Centre for the assistance with getting the resources for this podcast series.