This is the Plenary Session in the 2nd Seminar of the Royal Australian Artillery Historical Society’s Firepower: Lessons from the Great War Seminar Series. This is a panel discussion about some of the issues with the employment of Australian Artillery at Gallipoli.
This panel discussion about Australian Artillery at Gallipoli is hosted by MAJ GEN Paul Stevens AO, and features a range of expert panellists discussing the employment of Australian and Turkish Artillery at Gallipoli.
- MAJ Paul Harris who presented on Counter Battery fire at Gallipoli.
- Dr Rhys Crawley presented “Combined Arms or Not? Artillery and the 1915 Approach to War“
- MAJ GEN Paul Stevens AO presented on The ANZAC Commanders and Firepower Employment.
- Professor Mesut Uyar presented on the Ottoman Artillery at Gallipoli.
- DR Rhys Crawley also presented on how artillery logistics over the shore was organised.
The role of artillery at Gallipoli was constrained by terrain, logistics and the fact that it was a secondary effort to the main offensives on the Western Front.
If you’ve learnt something from today’s podcast, please leave a review for the Podcast on your podcast player.